Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Thoughts at 37 Weeks Prego

So... I'm 3 weeks away from the big D-day, or B-day, however you want to see it, and I'm thinking I'm not so excited about the "D". I have come to realize that a woman must be READY to go through with delivery. As in, the choice between leaving the babe in and being uncomfortable or pushing her out and being miserable is an easy one... I'd rather be miserable and get this over with. I have to say- I am NOT there yet. At church today everyone kept asking if I was excited and ready for this baby. I'm excited and there is a room set up, but I'm not to the All Important Point of Pain yet. Does anyone else get this? I think I'm kind of lucky that besides not being able to bend over and having heart burn, I'm doing pretty good so long as I'm properly medicated every night before bed. :) But I'm starting to want to be completely uncomfortable so the delivery looks like a good thing and not the endless night and day disaster it was with Kaitlyn.
I'm pretty sure I'm setting myself up here and in a week I'll be drinking caster oil and jumping on trampolines to get this all over with. It just seems so convenient that she's fed, warm, sleeping, no diapers, and I haven't lifted a finger. It's going to be a big adjustment going back to a newborn with a 2 year old too. I'm pretty sure almost everyone that reads this has already been here and I'll survive. This is a good time for give me your best advice on getting ready for #2. Ladies, help!

6 comments:

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

I am absolutely no help to you in this department.

Many apologies.

:D

Babbel Family said...

I wish I could give you some sound advice but it is all too fresh in my mind. I am usually excited to go and get the kid out. I actually enjoy the hospital stay. Nothing could have prepared me for what I just went through. It was awful. Just have Zach give you a blessing. If it makes you feel any better the second one was way easier to deliver than the first. She fell right out after 1 push. It was so easy! Same with the 3rd, the 4th NOT SO MUCH!!!! Good luck, can't wait to see pictures!

e-clan said...

Breath...breath...just take it little by little. No need to jump to delivery yet. Enjoy the time with just you and Kaitlyn, eh.

Cecilia Davit said...

I wish I had some great advice to give you, but most likely I will be the one reaching out to you about all this pregnancy stuff! Can't wait to hear about the new addition when she actually arrives. I currently have to wait 14 days for our puppy Horacio to arrive and I am going crazy so I can only imagine how you guys feel!

Jer + Lu said...

I think you've said it best that she's a whole lot easier to take care of inside than out! But what pain are you referring to? This is the age of epidurals- no pain necessary! (aren't you having a c-section anyway?) Good luck darling!

Brooke said...

The wanting to get the baby out feeling IS going to happen! Stop worring about where that feeling is and, just enjoy spending time...one on one... with Kaitlyn. My biggest regret when I had Bridger was that I was so worried about the delivery that I felt like I had not enjoyed the last minute "alone bonding time" with Bailey. Anyhoo...sorry I am not trying to preach...that was just my regret and I thought I would let you know! You are the greatest mom...I really look up to you and admire your patient and loving nature with Kaitlyn and am so excited for you to have another little blondie runnin' around!