Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thoughts at 39 weeks Prego

I have had a change of heart... thanks to all the advise from you great friends and realizing my window is closing for 1 on 1 time with Kaite. I am going to enjoy every day before Liza comes along. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, we are naming her Elizabeth Ivey Williams and calling her Liza. That's the final plan and I'm 99.9% sure it's sticking but if you see a post announcing her birth and her name is Fredricka, well-that would be the .01% that I can't control. :) Plus, added insurance is that Kaitlyn can say Liza so it's too darn cute to pass up.
I am also practicing hypnobirthing techniques to prepare me for relaxing through labor, and it REALLY helps. It mostly just makes me feel empowered to help myself when I go into labor. With Kaitlyn I had no way to help myself relax through any of it and had such a hard time! (that was just relaxing to a 3 so I could get an epidural!!!) Yeah, I'm excited to have a MUCH better experience and I totally recommend reading the hypnobirthing material if you plan to go natural or not because it's a great resource.
So I've been on this energy high for the last 3 weeks or so, buzzing around the house organizing every closet, making meals for myself, and generally just NESTING like crazy. Yesterday it all came to an abrupt halt and I felt like Forest Gump when he decides he's finally done running across the country and that he's tired. It just seemed to dawn on me that I was tired and wanted a nap. PREGNANCY can be STRANGE. We're just happy to be here and excited to tell everyone about Liza when she shows up. Thanks for the great advice and PLEASE keep it coming. Everyone has advice to share, even if you don't have kids yet.
OH-I ALMOST FORGOT: My advise to all of YOU! It is imperative that you get a spa treatment when you are 39 weeks prego! I was in HEAVEN. A manicure and a pedicure was JUST what the dr. ordered!!! Bless the Vietnamese and their fast fingers.

7 comments:

Kimberli said...

Ooo... good luck! Any day now...

We'll be anxiously awaiting news on your sweet baby's arrival.

Brooke said...

It's crazy that you are so close! I love the name choice...so cute and it's so great that Kaitlyn can already say it too! Cute! We can't wait to get the news that the baby is here and healthy, you will do GREAT!

Cecilia Davit said...

Love the name Mauz! You have to record Kaitlyn saying it so we can hear how cute she is :). Will be thinking of you during this time - and sending relaxing vibes your way!

Melanie S said...

Ohhhh! I'm so excited for you. And I love the name. I loved Hypnobirthing too. I found it a little too late before having Christian, and I didn't feel very prepared, and then I had to be induced, so I ended up going with an epidural in the end. I really want to try it natural next time, but even with the epidural, Hypnobirthing is so the way to go! Concentrating on relaxing is about the most important thing you can do. I will be praying for you. We need to talk soon, but it looks like you are going to be busy!! Can't wait to see Baby Liza! Love you guys!

Emily & Nicholaus said...

That is all so exciting! I am very happy you have stuck with your name choice, so cute. I think that whole nesting thing is crazy. My sister in law lived with us for a bit while she was prego and she would go on these "nesting" kicks where she would run herself ragged cleaning or making something pretty. Its amazing what you pregnant people can do when you set your minds to it! I am glad to hear all is well. We miss you a ton and are very excited for the arrival!! Much Love!

Jamie and MJ said...

Hey Mary I found your blog hehe. Jamie and I have one too jamieandmj.blogspot.com. So I totally was in to hypnobirthing. Jamie and I did the class I read the book we practiced the scripts daily. I was and am a huge believer of the technique. It didn't end up working for me mostly because I went into labor at midnight and felt really bad waking jamie up. So I tried to manage for myself for 4 hours. By the time I woke him up I was to far gone to try to relax and be in a "waking hypnosis" so we went to the hospital. The nurse was like are you going to go natural I was just like GIVE ME THE DRUGS. But I still believe hypnobirthing works. Sorry really that was a lont a jabber on hypnobirthing. Good luck I hope it works for you. Can't way to see pictures.

Jer + Lu said...

Great thoughts. Great advice. Great name. Sounds like now that your nesting is all done this kiddo should be here any day! Good luck with the hypnobirthing :)