Thursday, August 28, 2008

New York, New York!!!

Our trip to NYC was AWESOME!!! We saw all the sights and sounds and smells of Manhattan. It was an awesome time. We were there for 5 days and did a Citypass tour and got to see lots of museums and key locations. Our favorites: Empire State Building (with audio tour), Central Park, Time Square, Natural History Museum, and Rockafeller Center. Our least favorite: Figuring out the mass transit system with a stroller :) and The Guggenheim Museum. I apoligize to all of you that LOVE modern art but we couldn't get a great appreciation for it. Zach had a harder time than I did but it was still a little rough, in the end we were happy to get outside and hit the pavement again. Here's some Highlight pictures:
LOVED CENTRAL PARK. The whole time I was thinking of the movie Enchanted and One Fine Day. I couldn't believe how much I recognized just from the movies I've watched.
Zach's Cousin Emily and Her hubby Nicholaus that we stayed with while we were there. They were so awesome to put up with us coming and going and taking over the front room. You guys are Fantastic!!!
Zach is having his way with the Wall Street Bull.
Here we are about to take the harbor tour around the island and to see the statue of liberty.
TIMES SQUARE. Talk about an exciting place to be. Even during the day it's lit up like crazy. We were there right at dusk and watched the transition to night and I was astounded. Talk about cool. Kaitlyn just kept pointing to the T.V.'s and saying "SHOW-SHOW". Kaitlyn was a really good kid through this whole thing. She missed days of naps and we always got home way too late but she just kind of figured she was along for the ride. I swear she has a tougher time at home than she does on the road. Maybe I should go for a gypsy life. That's a thought.
All in all: GO SEE NYC! We had SUCH a great time and I am so excited to go back some day soon.

5 comments:

Shaun & April said...

Looks so fun! Haven't been yet, but hopefully soon. See, now I want to be just like you.

Cecilia Davit said...

I wish I was still in NYC so we could have seen each other! Looks like you guys had fun.

Babbel Family said...

So fun. I loved NYC. We stayed right in Time Square and loved every minute of it! I can't wait to go back!

TR said...

How fun to see your blog!! Looks like you're having fun in Canada. Good luck w/ the new arrival. 25 more days?? Do you know the gender?

Brooke said...

Wow that looks like a ton of fun! You guys are always doing something exciting! NYC is a fun place to visit!