Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Recent Family Fun

I think it would be fun to include a "great hair" picture for Kaitlyn in every post. There is obviously a theme going on here. I think I could do a book of pics from her life thus far just of crazy hair. She's got the market cornered

Grandma Bentley came to visit 2 weeks ago and we just sent her home :( Boy we had great times. These sugar cookies were a highlight. This is Melanie's sugar cookie recipe from the Garden cookbook and talk about DELICIOUS!!! She's not kidding.

We all decided Liza looks like my mom from the eyes up. Probably more than that but the eyes and forehead are really a like. Smart girl, Grandma's a babe. I love this picture of them.

Daddy-daughter time is the greatest. Zach's such an incredible Daddy and it shows. Kaitlyn woke up from her nap today and immediatly wanted Daddy to be home to play with. He and Kaite have a tradition of being thrown around on the couch and playing every night. We're lucky
ahhh Grandma and the girlies.

More cookies! I have a cookie fedish lately. these are actually Melanie's cookies again but in their suggested ball format which was equally delicious. Kaitlyn is really sweet with Liza, she especially loves to see Liza's toes. Go figure.

First things first: Bumbo chairs are miraculous. Liza's been sitting in one since she was 2 months old and yet it somehow still fits Kaitlyn. Liza fell asleep sitting up in it. It was HILARIOUS. Plus, this is a great shot of the cute Mary-jane tights. love them.

"Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo" She can't actually say that but I'm working on it because I think she makes a fantastic fairy princess. Zach's sister Jessica gave her these dress-ups for Christmas and she uses them EVERY SINGLE DAY. What a cute princess.

My little peach fuzz. Just these last couple weeks I've started feeling like I'm coming back into myself if you know what I mean. the first few months with a newborn is rough. I am always trying to catch up and stay afloat but I finally feel like atleast some days I'm alert and coherant. Always good news.

2 comments:

Melanie S said...

Ahhhhgh!!! Every time I read about you I feel like screaming that I can't hang out with you every day! Miss you so much! It was nice of you to think about me with the sugar cookies. That's what I love about that cookbook - it's food and memories all at the same time!

Your girls are adorable, seriously. A perfect little pair! You look great. I hope you are doing okay. Please lets talk soon. Love you!

Jer + Lu said...

So sweet. Liza's hair look so cute pulled up in a bow :) Oh, and thanks for the sugar cookie memories.... hopefully you avoided adding too much food coloring or getting into a flour fight...