Monday, January 19, 2009

FACT!!!


So, once when my family was all together at my parents house and we were getting a little bored or slap-happy or something, we came up with a game called... FACT! The best part of the game is when you say FACT you have to do it with extreme matter-of-factness and swing your index finger up to the sky. You might have to be there, but I'm bringing it to you for your reading enjoyment. So a FACT! can be virtually anything that others might not know about you or others. Yeah, we were a little desperate for some fun, but now it's a tradition.


FACT!: I have a thumb sucker! Last night was her first full-on fist clenched, thumb inserted moment that I've seen. Ahhh gee. Good thing Zach's in an orthodontic residency.


FACT!: Liza is 3 1/2 months old and laughing and smiling like crazy. I thought the hair would fade, but it's not really going anywhere yet. Her blue eyes are adorable.

FACT: when Kaitlyn wakes up she has the GREATEST hair on the planet. The sheer volume is covetous.

FACT: When Kaite speaks she sounds EXACTLY like a Britt. Just try saying Mommy and Daddy in your mind with a Brittish accent and there you go. It is CRACKING me up. She also has impecable spanish accent skills. Any word in spanish sounds fantastic, but in english she's still tough to understand sometimes. Living in a foreign country is apparently rubbing off, even if it is Canada.

FACT!: Siblings are born with an inate ability to create the most work possible for their parents. Example: When Liza is screaming in the car for an hour for no apparent reason, Kaitlyn has knocked off to sleep. Right as Liza's starting to slow and Zach and I are allowing our eyes to uncross, Kaitlyn wakes up crying and proceeds to throw up twice all over herself and the car. That's not an accident, that's a perfectly syncronized performance my friends.
FACT!: In stark contrast to the plane ride to Utah for Christmas, the plane ride home was LOVELY. No tears, no spit-up, no worries. Thank Heaven. This is us STILL SMILING on the last leg of our plane ride to Detoit.
FACT!: This shirt makes me look like Where's Waldo... I kind of wish I had it for a certain dance back in High School. Those who participated will appreciate the look I'm sporting... you kno who you are.
FACT!: (All parental bias aside, ofcourse) This is the cutest 3 month old on the planet! She's just hit the phase when she stops eating to look at me and smile... KILL ME!
FACT!: I would love to hear some exciting FACTS! about my friends. The playing field is WIDE open, there are no rules to what constitutes a FACT! but the wierder the better.
P.S. FACT!: I cannot remember a time when I was able to touch my toes. Seriously. Sad but true.





6 comments:

Brooke said...

Your kids are so cute and so are you Mary! I love reading about your daily happenings! I wish we could've hung out again while you were here!

Cecilia Davit said...

I love the "FACT" game. So much fun! Love to hear how you and the fam is doing.

FACT: I love reading your blog. Keep it up!

:)

e-clan said...

FACT!
Thumb sucking is only cute when they are little. Once they begin to rely on it and the habit you once encouraged is now a battle of wits.

**Please add us to your list**
www.faericksen.blogspot.com

Kimberli said...

FACT! I miss you! You are a great friend and I loved this post. I also enjoyed the post about the boat show...whoa! what a car ride! I laughed quite a bit... easy to do when you are not the one with screaming, throwing up children. :) fun times...

JRO said...

Mary!!! Hello cute girl!! We need your new address to send you your W2 from '08... LOVE the blogpost!! You have the cutest family! We miss you and love you!! Love, the girls

Jer + Lu said...

Great FACTS! I can totally picture you + your sibs playing it :)
Isn't parenthood grand??