Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You know your a sucker when...

Let's just state the obvious... every parent is a sucker. It's encompases the highs and lows of the position. So much joy when they ask and you give in, and then so much regret when it all goes south. Luckily it doesn't always go south.
YOU KNOW YOUR A SUCKER WHEN: You agree to climb into your 2 yr olds crib to sing songs to her at 8 months pregnant. This little stunt resulted in a pulled hip flexor that still has me limping. Aye, Yae, Yae, Yae! What I wouldn't do. (I do want to say, this was a first, I don't climb in every night.) The cutest part was that after I finished the song she said "momma up" TRANSLATION: Your services are no longer required and you may go. I was pretty happy about it because as doing little extra favors for 2 year old's go... once you've agreed to do it there's a pretty good bet you'll be asked again. Perhaps this was a one time deal now that she knows Momma doesn't fit so well.
YOU KNOW YOUR A SUCKER WHEN: This strategic manuver (But look how cute I can be)gets her a completely separate meal than the one you prepared. Arg! I wish I could say it doesn't happen, but the poor kid would starve since she generally won't eat ANYTHING we're having. What's the trick my friends???
YOU KNOW YOUR A SUCKER WHEN: The opportunity to see Kaitlyn climb up a latter and practice washing the dishes, even though you'll have to change her entire outfit because it will be soaked in the end, is TOTALLY worth it. I like to think she'll never want to stop and when she's 8, 9, 12, 14 she'll still get all excited at the end of each meal and gather up all the dishes for a good scrub while she thanks Zach and I for the delicious meal. WELL I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?
YOU KNOW YOUR A SUCKER WHEN: There is nothing else you'd rather be doing than clean up after your kids, even though you don't like it. Because the big picture reality is, it's all going to go WAY too fast and being a Mom is a huge blessing. So good luck today picking up toys, cleaning up dirty diapers, catching throw up with your bare hands, clean clothes and inevitably your hair, and remember to smile and remember how great it is to see the big smiles and hear I love you's.

8 comments:

Shaun & April said...

Such a cute post, I love it. Especially the crib pic...

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

I can't believe how big she is! It's like all of the sudden she's no longer a baby!

Leave it to Mary to climb into a crib at 8 months pregnant. Motherly. ;)

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

What a true post! We've all been there, and done that and you've nailed motherhood to a T! Thanks for the reminder on how great it is to be a mom, and how important it is to enjoy the moment! You're great Mary :)

Cecilia Davit said...

Awwww. That post totally made me smile from ear to ear. Post more pics of you preggers!

Britt said...

Hi Mary darling :) Luvd the last post because I have been cleaning up after a sick kid for the past week and if I have to change one more diaper or do one more load of laundry due to vomit....I might lose my mind!!!!Thanks for the healthy dose of perspective. Luv you :)---Britt

Brooke said...

You are the cutest mom! I miss you so much and am sad that you were here and I didn't get to see you! Looks like life is good!

Keyonna said...

I totally loved all of it! Being a mom is so great and I am glad you are doing such a good job. I sure wish we were neighbors, I really miss your sweet family. Take care and good luck with your next sweet one.

Melanie S said...

I LOVE it! You are amazing, and I'm going to let Christian wash the dishes tonight! I've always been tempted to climb in the crib, too. Oh, we miss you so much! I hope you are doing well. Let's talk soon!