Friday, November 14, 2008

Coming back up for air after 6 weeks!

Awe! Little Liza Smiling!
Kaite and Liza with their matching sheep blankets a friend gave them

She looks so big to me!!! I Can't stand it.


I have a picture of Kaitlyn doing this exact same face-go figure!



Holloween was obviously a HUGE production (note the sarcasm). Notice how Kaitlyn has bunny ears on her hat, I had to slip them on with out her knowing because she REFUSED to wear her costume. I on the other hand was glad to sport my favorite wig because when you haven't showered, this look is quite a nice change. :)


Hello All, I am back among the living... atleast the majority of the time, woo hoo! Week 3 was the low point for me, lots of crying and very little accomplished, but then I learned to embrace my lack of productivity and now we all in a much healthier place. It also helps that both girls aren't sick anymore. Since Liza's been born we've gone to the doctor 8 times. Yuck! We've been doctor free for a couple weeks now so I'm back to my HAPPY PLACE!

O.K. here's my best story TO DATE:

After visiting the DR. 3 times for Liza's mysterious diaper rash problem, we were told a treatment to try. this was NO ordinary diaper rash. It was much closer to a 2nd degree burn, like I'd dipped Liza's tush in a pot of boiling water. I had been given 2 diferent diagnosis, done the treatment for both and after 2 weeks was back into the dr's office to ask what next. The poor kid would bleed when I changed her diaper, wipes were too harsh and she would just shake and cry! (This was probably the biggest contributer to the 3 week meltdown.) So, a nurse had told me it DEFINATLY sounded like a yeast infection that was being passed back and forth between us when I fed her-even though I had no symptoms and Liza had no oral symptoms. Gentian Violet was the treatment recommendation. This stuff is a dark purple/blue solution that dye's EVERYTHING it touches. I was desparate and would try anything. I put it on myself and when Liza eats, she gets it in her system as well and it kills all yeast. Sounds like a good plan. So I strip down and strip Liza down and put towels around me to catch any spit-up. I was only going to put a little on but Zach wanted his moneys worth and said not to be stingy... great plan Zach. We quickly realized the flaw in our plan... The 1st law of parenting: it is absolutely impossible to keep a baby from getting messy when you want them to stay clean. In the process of latching on, Liza successfully rubbed the violet dye ALL over her face. REMEMBER: IT DOESN'T COME OFF. After she got on, things went better until Kaitlyn strolled into the room. She doesn't pay too much attention to Liza, but thinks the milk thing is pretty cool and likes to comment on it when Liza's eating. With this in mind, she stolls over to give me her play-by-play commentary about how Liza's drinking milk-not noticing the blue part yet. At that moment, Liza chokes and pulls off to cough exposing her blue face. Kaitlyn looks at Liza, then looks at me and... starts to dry heave. I wasn't ready for her reaction and started to laugh but was still trying to get her to STOP so she didn't puke all over. Luckily Zach was close and removed her from the scene. I was still laughing while she left thinking about what must be going through her head. A few minutes later, I was burping Liza and Kaitlyn wandered back into the room cautiously. She stopped at the door and I was explaining that it was blue medicine and this was good for Liza. Kaite looked like she processed it well and was "keeping it down" fine. Then without notice, Liza spit up tons of milk... BLUE MILK. Poor Kaitlyn was glued to her spot in the doorway staring with wide eyes when the dry heaving started again. This time I didn't have anyone around to get Kaitlyn to leave and it was like she couldn't take her eyes off what was making her so sick. I couldn't get up bacause I was covered in spit up and worse then that, I was laughing so hard I couldn't call loud enough to get help. I finally composed myself to tell Kaite to turn around and leave which she thankfully did. My 2 year old dry heaving was just too funny. To this day, 3 weeks later, she still comes over everytime I feel Liza to shake her finger and say "No more blue", still traumatized by the experience. FYI: in the end, there was no yeast infection afterall. Liza, can't tolerate desitin diaper ointment, which I was ofcourse smothering all over her. After I stopped the desitin, she healed right up. Yikes! But, as a reminder of our experience had a blue mouth for 5 days. :)






11 comments:

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Oh man. I am peeing my pants right now!!! That is hysterical! I can only imagine the fiasco...and Kaitlyn dry-heaving. Too funny!

I cannot believe Liza's hair! Holy cow. That's amazing. And you, my dear, look like a million bucks.

Kimberli said...

That is quite the story!!! Trying to picture the whole scene made it even better! Glad everyone is doing better. It was wonderful to talk to you the other day!

Jer + Lu said...

What a story! Hilarious! I'm glad you were able to capture it all on your blog :) Too bad about the Desitin-- I thought that stuff was a lifesaver.

Jamie and MJ said...

Man that is a good story. I had to use that violet stuff to. What is Zach talking about get your money work that stuff is like 2 bucks and a little goes a long way. I still want to hear the birth story. I will keep that in mind that babies can be allergic to desytin.

Shaun & April said...

Sorry but that is too funny. I am laughing so hard I am crying. Glad you are back.

Mary Bentley Williams said...

FYI: the desitin problem is only the CANADIAN version. I still have some left over from the states, and it didn't cause trouble. You cross the border and you never know what you're going to get.

Unknown said...

This is a brilliant Story! Love ya and Miss ya! kiss your babies for me!

Jen said...

That is one funny story! Two out of my three had the wonderful blue/purple mouth - I loved the looks I got from strangers. My kids bums would also bleed and they healed really well with Aquaphor.

Congrats on the cute babes! I am so excited for you and hopefully I will meet the las one of these days (hopefully before she turns three).

Katie said...

That is truly one of the most horrifying, yet hysterical stories I have heard in a long time. Oh man... the joys of having kids. :) They sure are cuties! I'm super excited to see you and the family in December!!!

Emily & Nicholaus said...

That story really made my day! I dont think i have heard anything funnier. We miss you guys a ton and its great to see pictures of you all. Give Kate and Liza big hugs from us!

Teri said...

I love your wig by the way, butt your story was pretty dang funny. Glad to hear you guys are doing well, your baby girls are way freakin cute.
congrats..(late I know)