Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!!!

The Beach at Lake Huron on a perfect day. Kaitlyn LOVED it which was sort of surprising because it was darn cold this morning but that wasn't stopping her. Right after this picture she was in the water up to her chest and laughing every time a wave hit her.

We went with our neighbors and Chris is Kaitlyn's age and they have a great time together. He is a little older and she will do anything he does which is really fun and funny to watch.


I actually look tan next to Kaitlyn, what a bonus. It was the perfect day with perfect weather.

The party continues, check out the sweet waves on the lake. I tell you there's no beating our close "fresh water ocean". Perfect for kids and I'm a major fan.

Here's our sweet set-up. Neville and Karen live 2 doors down and he's a year ahead of us in Zach's program so we have lots in common and the kids play great. They are really fun. We even set the tent up and were able to put kids in for naps and to be contained to play-I recommend it to you all.

So Canada Day 2008 has, so far, been a HUGE success. I love the chance to celebrate 2 independence days. We'll have to think of something fun to do for the 4th as well. I can't believe we've only lived here a month. It's going to be a really fun and memorable 3 years. :)

6 comments:

Kimberli said...

Looks like lots of fun! Happy Canada Day to you guys!

Valery G. said...

You guys are always having fun! I am in CO this weekend to play with Amy and the family. Hope you have a HAPPY 4th of JULY!!! Does Canada even do anything? It is a USA holiday.

Brooke said...

That looks like a ton of fun! we miss you guys!

RaQuelle Willey said...

Fun in the Sun! I love your little girl and her glasses! Reminds me of my little sis when she was little.
Miss you guys lots!

Amy said...

You guys are so fun! What an awesome day at the beach! Zach finally got to his water! We miss you guys but are glad to see how much fun you're having!

Tracee said...

Mary!!!!!! I am so happy right now to be reading about your darling family (congrats on the little girl on the way and Kaitlyn is ADORABLE-her curly hair in that picture is too cute for words!). It sounds like we have SO much in common still! We both married dentisits-hooray! And congrats on ortho-that's fantastic! You were the one person I was SO looking forward to seeing at our reunion and I was deeply saddened when you weren't there! I just moved from Ohio and I was going through some old boxes and I found the cutest card you wrote me just because! I miss our friendship and I am so happy to be back in touch. I will definitely be checking in on your blog if that's okay! hey-one of my really good friends is from London-let me know if you want any info! Hope you are liking it there-it looks like SO much fun! Stay in touch!

Much Love
Tracee