Monday, June 16, 2008

Our New Life Has Begun

Zach's First Day of School! Check out the sweet scooter he gets to ride to save on gas prices!

Canada's "Beach" 45 min. away from us on Lake Huron. This really is a nice beach with waves and everything. The town even has surf shops and boardwalks. We were quite impressed. I'm a huge fan of waves AND fresh water. Too bad it's still pretty cold.


Our living room/dinning room area of the house.

Kaitlyn's hair LOVES the humidity as you can see. She's in heaven without her skin being so dry all the time. She also really likes our community backyard and the playgrounds.


The Kitchen View. These really aren't the greatest pictures ever, I know but atleast I did something. Right?

So we are on week 3 here in London and I've got to say, we are LOVING it. My pregnant self hasn't even cried in about a week so that's really looking good. I really do just cry a lot when I'm pregnant. But the upside is that I also laugh a lot too so I guess it's a trade-off.

Well folks! I went to my ultrasound appointment on Friday and we have a ruling on #2.... IT'S A GIRL! The ironic thing is that the tech is legally restricted from telling me the sex and you don't actually meet the radiologist here in Canada so she wouldn't even tell me. I convinced her to really work on getting a good shot so that I could figure it out for myself. I am no radiologist but I've been around the block once so I made the call and she backed me up without doing anything to get her fired. Apparently people around here sue if they are wrong about the sex so no one says anymore. Woo hoo. I'm able to just day-dream about my 2 girls running around.

I am putting together a list of interesting and funny Canadian facts for all of your enjoyment so stay tuned for my little tid-bits to come.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats on the baby girl!!! It looks so beautiful there! And sweet ride Zach!

Cecilia Davit said...

I'm so happy for your Mauz. I know that moves are tough but you guys seem to be settling in and enjoying yourselves. The apartment looks great! Congrats on the baby girl. So exciting. Keep the pics coming. Especially those of Kaitlyn and her hair. She looks ADORABLE!

emily a. said...

Hi! We just found your blog from Alisa's- it's fun to catch up on your cute little family. I'm glad you are adjusting well to your new home, it's looks great. Congrats on your baby girl #2- that's so exciting!!

Rachel said...

It's a girl! That's awesome! Kaitlyn's hair is so cute curly! I love it!

Jer + Lu said...

Looks like you guys have settled in nicely. I'm glad to hear the tears are drying up! What an adjustment!! I'm sorry we didn't take advantage of hanging out more when you were here... Next go round, right? Lets shoot for the 19th for book club (we have to do a Saturday) @ 11am. I'll spread the word + let you know if it changes. So good to hear from you~ can't wait to see your life unfold in London :)