Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Adventures of ZM&K



Kaitlyn is a DARE DEVIL! The girl is game for anything that is fast. Yep, that sums it up... FAST. Examples: The blow up slides at carnivals that are really tall and steep, Being pushed good and hard on swings, Goes for the biggest slides at the park, and most recently... 4-wheeling. She was a WRECK when we got to this location to 4-wheel. She hadn't gotten any sleep and was hungry and unconsolable but once we put her on the machine her worries were swept away and she was the happiest girl around. I love this about my little Kaitlyn, it is so fun to see. It does make me wonder a bit about what her hobbies will be as she grows up though.

We are postponing the inevitable at this point, well I am. Packing I mean. We leave 3 weeks from Saturday and I know suddenly our move will be a week away and I'll realize I haven't done enough preparatory packing but I just refuse to cause unnecessary chaos early in the game. What is the optimal time line for moving anyways? I was thinking 2 weeks before start pulling out the boxes. I just hate when every room is lined with boxes and it's all pretty much a mess. We have limited space as it is. I'll give you an update and some pictures for your entertainment.

As for little prego woman, I find out what I'm having in a couple weeks. Woo Hoo. I've got to be honest, these are my thoughts: Girl- I'd be a little relieved. Only because I know what to expect, it will feel comfortable to have another girl and I wouldn't have to buy a thing.. always good on the student budget. I find myself day-dreaming about a girl if that means anything. Boy- I'd be really excited but almost scared. That's silly, I'd love every minute of it, but just will have a lot more questions about what this little guy would be like. Zach thinks we're having a boy. OFCOURSE I will be VERY happy with which ever we get, it's fun to not know right now.

5 comments:

Jim said...

See? We all get a little frustrated with our blogs sometimes, but you came through and this was an excellent post!
Jackie is going to miss Kaitlyn sooooo much! We were trying to take her picture tonight, and instead of "cheese," she would say "I love Kate!"

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Bummer about the music-shrinking. I guess my background is a different style, so that might be why. Sorry I wasn't helpful. :)

I'll bring back alter-ego. You're probably the only one brave enough to venture into her ramblings!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

And super cute family pic!

Melanie S said...

It was so, so great to see you all. I just showed Eric your blog, and it inspired us to post an entry just about Omaha and you guys. We also posted a video he made a few months after graduation that we meant to give to you. There are tons of pictures of you guys. Check it out! Love you to pieces!

Amy said...

Cute pictures! Kaitlyn is such an adventurous little gal. I'm so glad we got to see you one last time before the big move. Good luck with everything! Keep in touch.